SolidWorks API examples

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
andrewj
Answers: 0

SolidWorks API examples

Unread post by andrewj »

Does anyone know where the API examples have gone?
Have logged in the the SW support page and clicked API examples link, but it just wants me to keep logging in the the user group forums.
I can't seem to find it there.

Any suggestions?
Andrew
zwei
Answers: 18

Re: SolidWorks API examples

Unread post by zwei »

I believe you are referring to the API example link from the customer support portal...

If i recall correctly, the link actually direct you to the old Solidworks forum...
My 2cent will be that the content was not migrated....just like all the other useful post...
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Unread post by gupta9665 »

andrewj wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:50 pm Does anyone know where the API examples have gone?
Have logged in the the SW support page and clicked API examples link, but it just wants me to keep logging in the the user group forums.
I can't seem to find it there.

Any suggestions?
Andrew
Those links seems to be dead now. Not sure if someone has those available in the archive.
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger
berg_lauritz
Answers: 6

Unread post by berg_lauritz »

Zhen-Wei Tee wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:00 am I believe you are referring to the API example link from the customer support portal...

If i recall correctly, the link actually direct you to the old Solidworks forum...
My 2cent will be that the content was not migrated....just like all the other useful post...
I think you are correct. I had lots of links to that and deleted them all. Most of the time the attachments were missing and the cherry on top was that the conversations were gone for all my links. So only the first post & the 'answer' (which was the second post) were visible.

Try the archive.org from 2021-02-11 2020-11-30 - it might help you find at least what you need.

Edit: Edited the link to guide you to the correct page from Nov 2020 though.
edcoggins

Unread post by edcoggins »

This link may have what you are looking for...

https://help.solidworks.com/2020/Englis ... ple_VB.htm
andrewj

Unread post by andrewj »

Answer I received from our reseller was this:-

I got the following response from solidworks support, can you please provide these details.
"Do you know what API example(s) the user needs? I can see if we have it and send it to them or you directly."

Seems to be another cost cutting measure by Dassault...
andrewj

Unread post by andrewj »

berg_lauritz wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:46 am I think you are correct. I had lots of links to that and deleted them all. Most of the time the attachments were missing and the cherry on top was that the conversations were gone for all my links. So only the first post & the 'answer' (which was the second post) were visible.

Try the archive.org from 2021-02-11 2020-11-30 - it might help you find at least what you need.

Edit: Edited the link to guide you to the correct page from Nov 2020 though.
Thanks for that.
I shall have a look and see if anything interesting pops up.

Andrew
JSculley
Answers: 55

Unread post by JSculley »

andrewj wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:19 pm Answer I received from our reseller was this:-

I got the following response from solidworks support, can you please provide these details.
"Do you know what API example(s) the user needs? I can see if we have it and send it to them or you directly."

Seems to be another cost cutting measure by Dassault...
I would simply reply "All of them".
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

https://www.codestack.net/solidworks-api/

That may not be the official solidworks API examples, but it looks like a decent substitute.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
AlexB
Answers: 24

Unread post by AlexB »

I found a bit of info on the old web archive. Gotta love these crawlers.
https://web.archive.org/web/20081103021 ... loads.html
image.png