How to show Hidden Lines in drawings?

Tera
Answers: 2

How to show Hidden Lines in drawings?

Unread post by Tera »

No matter what I do and how I add a view, the hidden lines in view doesn't show up.
It's only a specific assembly. Other assemblies have no problem.
I've tested it on 2 machines with tried my own templates and SW's default templates. No improvement.
Is there anything I can do to show hidden lines?
--
2022-06-24_17-31-38.png
--
2022-06-24_17-45-29.png
--
Thank you.
by Glenn Schroeder » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:28 am
You might try copying and pasting the drawing view. I've seen that work on situations like this. Copying and pasting the whole sheet is one other thing you can try.

If all else fails, open the Assembly and create a display state with the components set to show hidden lines with the overall view set to Shaded with Edges, then reference this display state in the drawing view, with it set to Shaded with Edges.
Go to full post
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Re: How to show Hidden Lines in drawings?

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

You might try copying and pasting the drawing view. I've seen that work on situations like this. Copying and pasting the whole sheet is one other thing you can try.

If all else fails, open the Assembly and create a display state with the components set to show hidden lines with the overall view set to Shaded with Edges, then reference this display state in the drawing view, with it set to Shaded with Edges.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
TRKemp
Answers: 0

Unread post by TRKemp »

It's not likely the cause of your specific situation, but I've had surface features affect whether or not hidden lines are visible on a component before. The surface feature doesn't even have to be covering the body where you want the hidden lines to show, it just has to be active in the view. Hiding the surface feature in the model, rebuilding, then going back to the drawing usually fixes the issue.

Just an FYI for people viewing this thread.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

There's a way to manually show or hide hidden lines, maybe that was toggled? I don't know how that could have happened though.

Right click on the view and go to show/hide and see if there's the option of "Show hidden lines"

Have you tried recreating the views? The drawing? If the setting that makes the line now show comes from your views and you haven't deleted them all and recreated them, then you'll only recreate the problem when recreating the projected views from the problematic original view.
Tera

Unread post by Tera »

I've seen so many weird things in Solidworks, but this one is the worst. Following @Glenn Schroeder's advice, copying and pasting the view solved the problem. I have no idea why copying and pasting the same view, shows the hidden lines, while the source view doesn't show it.

Glenn million thanks. I really appreciate your help.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Tera wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:14 am I've seen so many weird things in Solidworks, but this one is the worst. Following @Glenn Schroeder's advice, copying and pasting the view solved the problem. I have no idea why copying and pasting the same view, shows the hidden lines, while the source view doesn't show it.

Glenn million thanks. I really appreciate your help.
Most likely, they were stuck in "draft quality" and weren't updating themselves for some unknown reason.(Even though they show as high quality on your screenshots)

Glad you got it solved! Have a great weekend
Tera

Unread post by Tera »

AlexLachance wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:51 am Right click on the view and go to show/hide and see if there's the option of "Show hidden lines"
Going to show/hide, I have only two options. Hide Component & Hide Behind Plane.