Update for sheetmetal Macro??

Programming and macros
ResidentAtLarge
Answers: 0

Update for sheetmetal Macro??

Unread post by ResidentAtLarge »

I have recently upgraded to SW2021 and the latest macro for "Export SM Batch - 7.0beta" does not work for us anymore. Can we get this macro updated for a more recent Solidworks release?
I apparently cannot post the macro attachment for some reason on the solidworks forums so I figured there would be no point in trying to get that resolved over there.
For anyone that was curious, this was the post from solidworks forum. https://r1132100503382-eu1-3dswym.3dexp ... OP3G9sBUQ/
All iterations improved from the first version.
Attachments
Export SM Batch - 7.0beta.swp
(146.5 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
AlexB
Answers: 24

Re: Update for sheetmetal Macro??

Unread post by AlexB »

It looks to me like the file browser dialog was causing issues. I found a snippet of code to replace that functionality and it seems to be working. I also added a snippet to activate the document before calling to export it when the user begins the process with an assembly. It was failing when the document being exported wasn't the active one.

The rest is unchanged
Attachments
Export SM Batch - 7.1beta.swp
(134 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
ResidentAtLarge
Answers: 0

Re: Update for sheetmetal Macro??

Unread post by ResidentAtLarge »

AlexB wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:06 pm It looks to me like the file browser dialog was causing issues. I found a snippet of code to replace that functionality and it seems to be working. I also added a snippet to activate the document before calling to export it when the user begins the process with an assembly. It was failing when the document being exported wasn't the active one.

The rest is unchanged
[/q

Thank you! looks like this is working smoothly again. Thank you for the quick fix!