Detailing Mode Dangling Dimensions

m2shell
Answers: 0

Detailing Mode Dangling Dimensions

Unread post by m2shell »

Detailing Mode?

Just tried doing some dimensioning & annotation in a drawing of a simple assembly while in "detailing mode".

Re-opened the drawing in Resolved mode and all the new dimensions are dangling.

This is so frustrating. Am I doing something wrong here?

SW 2021 SP 5.1
Screenshot_2.png
JSculley
Answers: 55

Re: Detailing Mode Dangling Dimensions

Unread post by JSculley »

m2shell wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:53 pm This is so frustrating. Am I doing something wrong here?
Maybe. There is a SPR (1239354) about dangling dimensions in Detailing Mode. If I follow the step by step instructions in that SPR, I can replicate the dangling issue. If your workflow did something similar, that may be the cause. The problem centers around the 'Save model data' checkbox in the document properties under the Performance category.
m2shell
Answers: 0

Re: Detailing Mode Dangling Dimensions

Unread post by m2shell »

JSculley wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:40 pm Maybe. There is a SPR (1239354) about dangling dimensions in Detailing Mode. If I follow the step by step instructions in that SPR, I can replicate the dangling issue. If your workflow did something similar, that may be the cause. The problem centers around the 'Save model data' checkbox in the document properties under the Performance category.
Thanks @JSculley .

I looked at that SPR (Which I just learned how to find! Yay). The thing is, that checkbox, "Include Detailing Mode Data when Saving" is checked by default. I didn't retroactively activate that feature after starting the drawing, as is described in that SPR...

Weird.