Save All repeatedly asks for confirmation ..!?

Damo
Answers: 0

Save All repeatedly asks for confirmation ..!?

Unread post by Damo »

Am I the only one that this frustrates. Although it is entirely possible I am misunderstanding something.

I have gotten into the habit of hitting the little drop-down on the save icon and selecting "Save All".
I wait for the command to run and then there is a dialog that often pops up asking me if also I wish to save "Insert Filename" etc.
Sometimes many times before it has finally saved everything.
I get that it wants to save other files that have been altered too and this is fine. It can save every single file in the project folder for all I care.
But I would assume that "Save All" means just that. Yes.? Save all open, modified and affected files ..!
Why does SW waste time and adding repeated confirmation dialogs for a straightforward command that I manually selected..?

This becomes more frustrating when I go out into the workshop, click "Save All" on my way out and return to find that same dialog waiting for me.
Or when closing a file.

Am I overlooking a setting.?
Is this normal behaviour.?
Am I imagining it that it feels more prevalent in later versions.?
Dwight
Answers: 2

Re: Save All repeatedly asks for confirmation ..!?

Unread post by Dwight »

Damo

Are they read-only, and is it asking to do a "Save As"? That's when I get the prompts, not when it does a normal save.

Dwight
Damo
Answers: 0

Re: Save All repeatedly asks for confirmation ..!?

Unread post by Damo »

Dwight wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:13 am Damo

Are they read-only, and is it asking to do a "Save As"? That's when I get the prompts, not when it does a normal save.

Dwight
Dwight.

Not read-only parts. I am familiar with this..
Thank you tho..

I don't think it is about lightweight parts either.
There were no feathers in my tree just now when I had to leave the office for a half hour to visit a customer.
Of course I clicked the drop-down for Save-All before I left.
Only to find upon my return, there they are again. the concurrent succession of "Do you want to save "etc,.," dialogs.
They don't even have the decency to have the little box to tick for "Do this for all..."

I have yet to see a pattern to it that makes sense to me.