Bend lines in assemblies.

bnemec
Answers: 10

Bend lines in assemblies.

Unread post by bnemec »

Hi. I keep setting bend line in the Flat-Pattern. When the "Default" config active, not flattened, the bend lines are visible. I set them to not visible in the Default config, and confirm they are still visible in the DefaultSM-FLAT-PATTERN for the drawing. Then I go to drawing to check ok, come back and the bend lines sketch is shown again in the Default config.

What am I doing wrong?
image.png
I was recreating this over and over. I open screen-to-gif to make a recording of it and now the bend lines stay hidden in the Default config like they're supposed to. grumph

Since I have this post started I'll post it and ask if anyone else sees this.

Maybe it's because we're still on 2019, be great if someone says "Oh yeah, had that all the time, was super frustrating in assemblies. They completely fixed it in 2022."
by Hansjoerg » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:13 pm
bnemec wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:46 am So it's SOP to have separate template for sheet metal parts?
I have it in my templates as a default setting.
It doesn't bother me because I rarely work with configurations.

I think it is easier to delete the link between display status and configuration and to delete the additionally created display status. Like getting annoyed with the bend lines in the assembly for every sheet metal part.

I don't know since which version SWX behaves like this with sheet metal designs. I was working with version 2013 before SWX 2019. And in that version I did not have the link active in my templates.
But in all sheet metal designs I checked the link was set.
Seems like in older versions the setting was automatically set with the insertion of a sheet metal feature.
Go to full post
Hansjoerg
Answers: 3

Re: Bend lines in assemblies.

Unread post by Hansjoerg »

I also had this problem after updating to SWX 2019.

Is the display status in your template linked to the configuration?
See also SPR 754516

I made the necessary setting in my part template, after that it works fine for me.
All the "good" news about SWX makes me feel like I'm driving a truck with two trailers straight into a dead end.
bnemec

Unread post by bnemec »

Hansjoerg wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:49 am I also had this problem after updating to SWX 2019.

Is the display status in your template linked to the configuration?
See also SPR 754516

I made the necessary setting in my part template, after that it works fine for me.
To be honest, I don't know what that means. No it is not. I'm trying to look up the SPR but cannot log into portal and searching the SWYMp for "SPR 754516" brings up one thread that is applicable but not much follow-up.

Edit: found it per help: https://help.solidworks.com/2019/englis ... Redirect=1

Here's what our template looks like:
image.png
Hansjoerg

That´s the problem.
For sheet metal parts you must link the display state to the configuration.
All the "good" news about SWX makes me feel like I'm driving a truck with two trailers straight into a dead end.
dave.laban
Answers: 4

Unread post by dave.laban »

bnemec wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:47 am To be honest, I don't know what that means. No it is not. I'm trying to look up the SPR but cannot log into portal and searching the SWYMp for "SPR 754516" brings up one thread that is applicable but not much follow-up.
Direct link to the KB search for your bookmarks :)

https://kbsw.3ds.com/mashup-ui/page/sld ... portal_enu
bnemec

Unread post by bnemec »

Hansjoerg wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:49 am That´s the problem.
For sheet metal parts you must link the display state to the configuration.
So it's SOP to have separate template for sheet metal parts?
bnemec

Unread post by bnemec »

dave.laban wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:01 am Direct link to the KB search for your bookmarks :)

https://kbsw.3ds.com/mashup-ui/page/sld ... portal_enu
I have customer portal link in my favorites toolbar, in a folder named Solidworks. https://customerportal.solidworks.com/s ... om&SWEBU=1

It does the same thing the link you provided does: Never loads
image.png
I probably need to go use a different browser, clear cache or delete cookies or one of those typical web-ui fixes.
image.png
Hansjoerg

bnemec wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:46 am So it's SOP to have separate template for sheet metal parts?
I have it in my templates as a default setting.

I think it is easier to delete the link between display status and configuration and to delete the additionally created display status. Like getting annoyed with the bend lines in the assembly for every sheet metal part.

I don't know since which version SWX behaves like this with sheet metal designs. I was working with version 2013 before SWX 2019. And in that version I did not have the link active in my templates.
Seems like in older versions the setting was automatically set with the insertion of a sheet metal feature.
bnemec

Unread post by bnemec »

Hansjoerg wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:13 pm I have it in my templates as a default setting.

I was thinking it would be nice to have it automatic for configs with sheet metal body(ies) right as I got to your last line.

Thanks for clearing this up. I'll need to refer to our "power users" to see how this will affect current usage as I know there are some assemblies that have display states and configs.