Why do fonts not center?

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
ChrisV
Answers: 0

Why do fonts not center?

Unread post by ChrisV »

HI All,
In the attached screenshot I can't get the certain fonts to center - is this just inherent to certain font types? I have used the center justify and a rectangle centered on the circle.

Thank you,
Chris
Attachments
SW Text.jpg
Thank you,
Chris
CK Valenti Designs
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Re: Why do fonts not center?

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

Hello, and welcome to the forum. To be honest, I never pay much attention to fonts in sketch dimensions in my models, as long as the dimension value is correct. When I get to the Drawing is when it becomes a concern.

However, I realize that this isn't true for everyone. Is there a reason it matters in the model?
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
TTevolve
Answers: 3

Unread post by TTevolve »

I believe that is part of the fonts themselves, they are not laid out in perfectly centered spaces
image.png
For instance the 0, 3, and 5 go below the line in the pic above, for readability and graphics appeal fonts are designed that way. Kind of simular to the spacing between letters changes as needed, where letters like W take more space than I would.

If I have to have a letter or number centered accurately, I will re-draw it myself using lines/arcs.
DanBovinich
Answers: 1

Unread post by DanBovinich »

I dimension to the blue dot. Exit and measure where it is, then adjust the dimension to make it exactly where it should be.

Dan B.
Attachments
2023-02-13_11-14-27.jpg
Thank you,

Dan B.
Uncle_Hairball
Answers: 2

Unread post by Uncle_Hairball »

What's your tolerance for 'centered'? :D