Geometry turning black intermittently

MadMike
Answers: 0

Geometry turning black intermittently

Unread post by MadMike »

Hello,

I've been following along with this forum for about a year now and thankfully haven't had any show stopping problems to ask about up until recently.

For a few months I have been plagued with an issue in that when I open a new sketch on a part, for example, the whole part will turn black and I need to switch to wireframe view, back to shaded and it will fix the problem, until I close the sketch, etc. Rebuilding doesn't work most of the time.

The issue I've been dealing with right now affects the planes I've added to the part. When I open a sketch, the planes turn black, and I have to switch to shaded view, back to wireframe to be able to see what I'm working on. Here's a picture of the planes black.
Planes turning black.png
Mick Jagger would be jealous.
DanPihlaja
Answers: 24

Re: Geometry turning black intermittently

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

Which version of Solidworks are you using?

I would say that this is a video card driver issue.

Either your driver was updated without your knowledge (shame on you Microsoft for automatic driver updates!) or your driver needs to be updated.

Also try unchecking this:
image.png
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

MadMike wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:42 pm Hello,

I've been following along with this forum for about a year now and thankfully haven't had any show stopping problems to ask about up until recently.

For a few months I have been plagued with an issue in that when I open a new sketch on a part, for example, the whole part will turn black and I need to switch to wireframe view, back to shaded and it will fix the problem, until I close the sketch, etc. Rebuilding doesn't work most of the time.

The issue I've been dealing with right now affects the planes I've added to the part. When I open a sketch, the planes turn black, and I have to switch to shaded view, back to wireframe to be able to see what I'm working on. Here's a picture of the planes black.

Planes turning black.png

Mick Jagger would be jealous.

Sounds like a graphic card issue. I get it every now and then.

What SolidWorks version are you running? What graphic card do you have?
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

See if anything at viewtopic.php?f=17&t=98&p=883#p883 will help.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
MadMike
Answers: 0

Unread post by MadMike »

We're currently using SW 2022 SP3, I'm using a Nvidia Quadro P1000 card. It is currently on version 517.40. I recently updated the drivers (maybe a month ago) to try and fix this problem to no avail (I'm not sure which drivers I had before).

I tried turning off enhanced graphics as suggested and haven't had any problems so far.

Thank you all for the suggestions!