HELP - no dimension preview outside sketch

strandundmeerfan
Answers: 0

HELP - no dimension preview outside sketch

Unread post by strandundmeerfan »

Hi!
I am loosing my mind. I have worked with Solidworks for ages and all of a sudden it doesn't show dimensions anymore unless I enter the sketch mode or modify feature. When sketching, dimensions are just fine but as soon as I extrude the sketch, I can not quickly adjust the values from 'outside the sketch'. Attached are a few screen shots of a very simple extruded cube. After extruding, Solidworks used to allow me to change the dimension in the sketch by just clicking onto the sketch once in the tree (without entering the sketch mode) and then the dimensions would show up. The same was possible for the height of the extrusion by clicking once onto the feature in the tree and then the value for the height would show up. Now, none of this happens and I just can't find anything about it. I know I can show all dimensions, but this is ridiculuous in a very complicated model. Can anyone tell me if there is a simple tick box to get these dimensions back?
Thanks so much!
Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
JSculley
Answers: 55

Re: HELP - no dimension preview outside sketch

Unread post by JSculley »

Turn on Instant3D.
image.png
Dwight
Answers: 2

Unread post by Dwight »

I do have to double-click, but it should work fine without Instant 3D.
strandundmeerfan
Answers: 0

Unread post by strandundmeerfan »

oooooh my... I searched for hours yesterday, trying different key words because I didn't know what exactly I was even looking for or rather how to describe it. That was it! one button that wasted hours of my life haha, thank you so much!