Selecting from Assy Model BOM

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
Dwight
Answers: 2

Selecting from Assy Model BOM

Unread post by Dwight »

Just now I added a BOM to my assembly model, something I don't do so often. I found that selecting the line number in the BOM (so the whole line goes gray) would select the components (turns the items blue in the graphics window). I saved and reopened, and now it won't do that. Is there a way to bring it back?

Thanks

Dwight
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: Selecting from Assy Model BOM

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Dwight wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:40 am Just now I added a BOM to my assembly model, something I don't do so often. I found that selecting the line number in the BOM (so the whole line goes gray) would select the components (turns the items blue in the graphics window). I saved and reopened, and now it won't do that. Is there a way to bring it back?

Thanks

Dwight
Hrm, I don't think it's a setting. Could your assembly have errors in it and that would then perhaps explain why it is not highlighting these...?

Have you checked if in a drawing it still works? (Have a 3D View and create a BOM in the drawing from it and then select the item line as you did in the model)
Dwight
Answers: 2

Unread post by Dwight »

AlexLachance wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:50 pm Hrm, I don't think it's a setting. Could your assembly have errors in it and that would then perhaps explain why it is not highlighting these...?
No errors shown. I have a drawing with a BOM, and selections there are highlighted. I created the assembly BOM after the drawing BOM. Maybe because I turned on "follow Assembly Order" option? I don't know. I keep banging on it. SW2022 sp 5
m2shell
Answers: 0

Unread post by m2shell »

Is it just that one assembly? Did you change any other setting?
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

Dwight wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:54 pm No errors shown. I have a drawing with a BOM, and selections there are highlighted. I created the assembly BOM after the drawing BOM. Maybe because I turned on "follow Assembly Order" option? I don't know. I keep banging on it. SW2022 sp 5
Just a thought, does your assembly have multiple configurations? If so, could the BOM be linked to another config?