Bend angle problem

Sendip
Answers: 0

Bend angle problem

Unread post by Sendip »

Hello every one,
Do somebody know how can I change the angle of a single bend, starting from an imported part ( step) after I converted in a sheet metal?
Thanks everyone and have a good day
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: Bend angle problem

Unread post by AlexLachance »

I don't think you can do that. How about deleting the bend and recreating it, or is the geometry too complex?
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

without seeing the part it's hard to guess, but direct editing is one of my first go-tos when dealing with "dumb" geometry.

Can you rotate faces about the axis of the bend?
zxys001
Answers: 4

Unread post by zxys001 »

bnemec wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:51 pm without seeing the part it's hard to guess, but direct editing is one of my first go-tos when dealing with "dumb" geometry.

Can you rotate faces about the axis of the bend?
..ditto
Attachments
2023-08-08 06 58 06.png
"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
AlexLachance

zxys001 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:33 am..ditto
Pretty sure you could use the existing temporary axis to save having to create one.

With that said, I did not think SolidWorks would handle this well so I hadn't suggested it. I didn't think it could handle the surface handling of the radius. Pretty neat to see that it can!
zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

AlexLachance wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:08 am Pretty sure you could use the existing temporary axis to save having to create one.

With that said, I did not think SolidWorks would handle this well so I hadn't suggested it. I didn't think it could handle the surface handling of the radius. Pretty neat to see that it can!
Hello Alex,

Good question... maybe you can show me how to display temporary axes in this sheet metal part? (attached)
Attachments
display temporary axes sheet metal part.zip
(843.48 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
AlexLachance

zxys001 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:56 am Hello Alex,

Good question... maybe you can show me how to display temporary axes in this sheet metal part? (attached)
My mistake. I could have sworn that sheet metal had temporary axises but I guess I was confusing them with structural members.
zxys001

Unread post by zxys001 »

AlexLachance wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:28 am My mistake. I could have sworn that sheet metal had temporary axises but I guess I was confusing them with structural members.
Thanks.... and yeah, it's mind bending since the bends are true radii,.. you can create a axis by selecting the face and the temp axis is visable when you offset the face. grumph
Dennis Bacon

Unread post by Dennis Bacon »

Orrrrr,,,, after you convert, do an unfold, cut out the bend, fill the bend area with a boss extrude, sketch bend, and fold. Now you can alter that angle to any angle. You probably would have to chop and add stuff in order to get the dims you want.
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
Attachments
image.png
Dennis Bacon

Unread post by Dennis Bacon »

It just dawned on me,, Don't convert to sheet metal and use FeatureWorks, > Recognize features (Automatic or Interactive) > Sheet metal features and make sure you have Edge Flange selected (and or Sketched bend) then recognize. Now you can alter any bend to any angle you want.
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png