Full download of installation media

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
SPerman
Answers: 13

Full download of installation media

Unread post by SPerman »

My subscription is set to expire at the end of this month. While I have no interest at this point in upgrading to 2021, I would like to download it in case I decide to give it a try at some point in the future.

How do I download the full set of installation files?
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
zxys001
Answers: 4

Re: Full download of installation media

Unread post by zxys001 »

..I've had a few VAR's and they all had online links to the Full versions and SP's... so, just ask them.
"Democracies aren't overthrown; they're given away." -George Lucas
“We only protect what we love, we only love what we understand, and we only understand what we are taught.” - Jacques Cousteau
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

SPerman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:47 am My subscription is set to expire at the end of this month. While I have no interest at this point in upgrading to 2021, I would like to download it in case I decide to give it a try at some point in the future.

How do I download the full set of installation files?
If you have access to your SolidWorks portal then you can download them from there.
https://customerportal.solidworks.com
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

I found two options on the portal.

1. The standard download, which is just a small program that downloads the actual files.

2. There was a "manual" option that wanted to know what SP of 2021 I was upgrading from (I'm staying on 2020), and then had a list of about 50 files to download individually.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
AlexLachance

SPerman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:06 am I found two options on the portal.

1. The standard download, which is just a small program that downloads the actual files.

2. There was a "manual" option that wanted to know what SP of 2021 I was upgrading from (I'm staying on 2020), and then had a list of about 50 files to download individually.
Can go as far back as 2018.
image.png
image.png
image.png
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

That only downloads the installation manager, but from there it appears I can download the files for installation on another computer.
-
AlexLachance

SPerman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:25 am That only downloads the installation manager, but from there it appears I can download the files for installation on another computer.
Once the installation manager is downloaded, when run it, it will download the required files to install. At least, that is the way I have been proceeding about it for the last 8 years.
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

AlexLachance wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:26 am Once the installation manager is downloaded, when run it, it will download the required files to install. At least, that is the way I have been proceeding about it for the last 8 years.
Yes, and it make sure you get all required files for Windows.
The full install in portal is for SP0 only.
SW-Download-02.jpg

Anyway, just let us know here. The installer is only 30MB. We can sent one over.
They all give 30 days trial without serial number.
After that you'll need a serial number.
A higher SP may not work with the serial number.