Mass delete property in weldment design table / configurations

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
makos
Answers: 0

Mass delete property in weldment design table / configurations

Unread post by makos »

Hi, I have a bunch of weldment profiles. I use the "new" approach of single SLDLFP file per shape (SHS, U-channel etc.) and store various sizes in configurations. I manage those configurations through an Excel Design Table.

My question is, when I add a column with a custom property to the design table, e.g. "$PRP@custom_prop", it gets added to every configuration, which is fine. But, when I want to delete that property from every config (because I changed my mind, or it's better suited to have that prop in the top-level weldment props etc.), deleting the column in Excel does nothing, the prop is still there when I check in Solidworks. While this is not problematic per se, it is kind of annoying and clutters the property window with useless rows. And I'd rather not go through dozens of configurations for dozens of profiles to manually remove a prop. Any ideas?
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Re: Mass delete property in weldment design table / configurations

Unread post by gupta9665 »

When you delete a property column in the design table, it won't automatically delete them. So if you are looking to delete the properties from bunch of files, you could create a macro to delete them.
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger