Help meeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

doobes
Answers: 1

Help meeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Unread post by doobes »

Argh,

For reference I'm using Swx 2023 sp5.0.

On the odd occasion I've done "something" (no idea what) to SolidWorks that will for all intents and purposes, lock it up.

It's still "functional", meaning I've got mouse control and such, but virtually everything is greyed out. Here ya go:
image.png
What did I do, and how do I get out of this situation without killing SolidWorks from Task Manager and losing my work?

Thank you!
chris
josh
Answers: 15

Re: Help meeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Unread post by josh »

I've most often seen this when there's a dialog box open somewhere off-screen mid-command. Does "esc" or "enter" or anything get you back? Can you unplug a monitor or two to force things onto one screen?
matt
Answers: 19

Unread post by matt »

Maybe you can use the Windows display settings to turn off a monitor.
doobes

Unread post by doobes »

matt wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 2:53 pm Maybe you can use the Windows display settings to turn off a monitor.
Oooh!

That's a good idea.

I'll try that next time.

Cheers
chris
mp3-250
Answers: 20

Unread post by mp3-250 »

I have seen it happen in a few occasions, but it was not worth the trouble to replicate as restarting sw was quicker and nothing valuable was lost.

Sometimesit is a single part, sometimes a component of an assy, probably when you enter a sketch and switch to another component without exiting. it does not happen always...
doobes

Unread post by doobes »

mp3-250 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:26 pm I have seen it happen in a few occasions, but it was not worth the trouble to replicate as restarting sw was quicker and nothing valuable was lost.

Sometimesit is a single part, sometimes a component of an assy, probably when you enter a sketch and switch to another component without exiting. it does not happen always...
Yep.

No rhyme or reason. I have had it happen when I hadn't saved in a while. Shame on me.....
chris