Loft function - hull

Solid Edge, Synchronous Technology, Convergent Technology, and Siemens!
Aldik1971
Answers: 0

Loft function - hull

Unread post by Aldik1971 »

Hello, I'm starting with SolidEdge Commutiny edition, I've created a simple hull project, and following the instructions on website https://cad.grabcad.com/tutorials/solid ... ut-command I'm attempting the Loft feature. When joining the first 4 ribs I get the desired shape - attachment err2.png, when adding more I get an error see attachment err.png. I confess I don't know where to look for the error. The project is attached.

Thank you for any help.

Regards Aldik
Attachments
Koral.par
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 33 times
err2.png
err1.png
matt
Answers: 19

Re: Loft function - hull

Unread post by matt »

Your sketches are a mess. The first two I checked had extra junk in them.

I made some simple clean sketches of my own in your part and the Loft feature worked ok. So I'd suggest fixing your sketches. No gaps. No overlaps. Nothing extra. Lines must be end to end.

And I should add that Grabcad and that YT channel are notoriously incomplete and inaccurate.
image.png
Aldik1971

Thank you for your help in solving the problem, could I ask if you could upload your modified project here? I would compare the sketches to see where I made mistakes. Thank you again.

Regards Aldik
Aldik1971

Hello again, I tried to correct all the sketches (you were right, there were errors), but even when I edit ribs 3 and 4, I can't find where the error is. The Loft function works on both sides of these ribs, but it doesn't connect completely.
Should I look for the error somewhere else?

Regards

Aldik
Attachments
loft2.png