Share your AR Eye-Candy Finds. . . '3D Models Everywhere'

For cross-CAD, learning, and maybe a little friendly competition.
Edu User Anon
Answers: 0

Share your AR Eye-Candy Finds. . . '3D Models Everywhere'

Unread post by Edu User Anon »

A topic/thread to share links to Augmented Reality demonstration videos.

The one below 'blew my mind' a little . . . a virtual door into another reality, within the same room.

mike miller
Answers: 7

Re: Share your AR Eye-Candy Finds. . . '3D Models Everywhere'

Unread post by mike miller »

Aww......I thought I was going to see AR-15s on display. :cry:
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39
MJuric
Answers: 1

Unread post by MJuric »

One of the best uses I've seen for AR has been on the shop floor for assembly, maintenance and repair. It was at one of the trade shows I went to. You put the glasses on and when you looked at the equipment you could touch/click on any part and get either part number, assembly information, maintenance information etc. One of the nice ones I saw/Used, was by Festo and you could actually order replacement parts but simply by looking and clicking/Touching etc. You could pull up schematics etc.

To me this is one of the biggest advantages of AR is on the assembly floor and in the field.
Edu User Anon
Answers: 0

Unread post by Edu User Anon »

The video below is also noteworthy . . . They promise 3mm accuracy, more than enough for construction needs.

MJuric
Answers: 1

Unread post by MJuric »

Edu User Anon wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:05 am The video below is also noteworthy . . . They promise 3mm accuracy, more than enough for construction needs.
That's a great use for AR. I can even see a system that would do a "Comparison" like they do in CAM software between the "Stock", what's existing and the "Finished Part", the final product. You can quickly see if something is out of place etc. This would be a great tool for assemblers as well.

Combine that with work instruction, part information and you have something extremely useful.
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Soon, we can VR shop from home.
Who care if we're locked down :p
jayar
Answers: 2

Unread post by jayar »

When I saw this thread title I became a little excited. Alas, was disappointed to find zero models of AR15s or AR10s. Le sigh!
bnemec
Answers: 10

Unread post by bnemec »

jayar wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:58 pm When I saw this thread title I became a little excited. Alas, was disappointed to find zero models of AR15s or AR10s. Le sigh!
Likewise. Leave it to hairbrained buzzwords to mess up existing terms & acronyms. ...Alternate Reality... psshhhh. I suppose "Digital Twin" and ""Virtual Reality" were already trademarked so they had to come up with yet another term for the same thing.
mike miller
Answers: 7

Unread post by mike miller »

bnemec wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:02 am Likewise. Leave it to hairbrained buzzwords to mess up existing terms & acronyms. ...Alternate Reality... psshhhh. I suppose "Digital Twin" and ""Virtual Reality" were already trademarked so they had to come up with yet another term for the same thing.
Seems to be enough "Alternate Reality" around these days without deliberately creating it... :roll:
He that finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for [Christ's] sake will find it. Matt. 10:39