Shortcuts for Feature Manager - View Design Tree, Property Manager, Configurations,... tabs quickly?

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
JuTu
Answers: 1

Shortcuts for Feature Manager - View Design Tree, Property Manager, Configurations,... tabs quickly?

Unread post by JuTu »

Hi!

It's me, again :)

Is anyone aware that is it possible to add a keyboard shortcut to switch between Feature Manager tabs? Or is there something "pre-built"? I didn't find any...

I thought it could be handy to switch between the tabs like switching between windows or open documents...
Sincerely,
JuTu
Answers: 13

Re: Shortcuts for Feature Manager - View Design Tree, Property Manager, Configurations,... tabs quickly?

Unread post by SPerman »

You can write a macro and then assign a keyboard shortcut to that macro.

Code: Select all

Sub main()

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks
    Set swModelDoc = swApp.ActiveDoc
    Set swModelDocExt = swModelDoc.Extension

'Get SOLIDWORKS CommandManager tabs
    cmdTabs = swModelDocExt.GetCommandTabs

'Set the active CommandManager tab
    swModelDocExt.ActiveCommandTab = "Sketch"
    activeTabIndex = swModelDocExt.ActiveCommandTabIndex

End Sub
Edit: This is for the command manager, not the feature manager.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Re: Shortcuts for Feature Manager - View Design Tree, Property Manager, Configurations,... tabs quickly?

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

I'm not aware of a keyboard shortcut to do that, but if you want easy access to the configurations tab you can turn on the toolbars for configurations and display states. That doesn't have all the functionality of the tab, but it will let you switch between active configurations or display states without the need to go to the configurations tab.

image.png
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
JuTu
Answers: 1

Unread post by JuTu »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:30 am I'm not aware of a keyboard shortcut to do that, but if you want easy access to the configurations tab you can turn on the toolbars for configurations and display states. That doesn't have all the functionality of the tab, but it will let you switch between active configurations or display states without the need to go to the configurations tab.
This. Thank you! I hadn't noticed that there was such an option :) Put this in use immediately.
Sincerely,
JuTu
Answers: 18

Unread post by matt »

You can detach the propertymanager from the rest of the tabs just by pulling on the tab, but I don't know of any tricks with the rest of it. Except F9 to open/close the featuremanger panel altogether.