Admin Image: Define "Automatically"

bnemec
Answers: 10

Admin Image: Define "Automatically"

Unread post by bnemec »

Define "Automatically" without using words such as "seamless" or "simply" or "effortlessly"
image.png
We bought 4 term licenses a couple weeks ago, I hope I can get them installed before the 3 months are up.

I know from seeing one of the computers first hand that one of the four "Installing" finished a couple days ago because the user asked me about the activating license dialog. So I'm 1 in 4, is that a good batting average? I don't follow baseball.

Based on looking at task scheduler history on the other three they are in various unknown states of not using the new serial number. Is it too much to ask that something we bought and paid for just function as advertised? Everything is a struggle with software now days and I just get tire of spending all of my time trying to make it work. Ok, not everything but it's far from polished product. Is this why NX and Catia are 2 to 3 x more money? Are they robust and reliable?

grumph o[

example:
image.png
image.png
JSculley
Answers: 55

Re: Admin Image: Define "Automatically"

Unread post by JSculley »

Check the admin image log files (in the '64bit\logs\<machine name>' folder under you admin image folder) for the machines that are having problems. Search for the words 'fail' or 'error'. Often this will give you a clue where things went wrong.