Focus Selected Component in FeatureTree

Programming and macros
Kjara
Answers: 0

Focus Selected Component in FeatureTree

Unread post by Kjara »

I have an IComponent2 and select it using IComponent2.Select4. I want it to be focused in the bottom pane of the feature tree, meaning that
- if the component cannot be seen due to collapsed ancestor components, those should be expanded.
- if it is out if sight (i.e. too far above/below/right/left of what is currently seen in the window), the feature tree should be scrolled up/down/left/right accordingly, so that it comes into sight.

I tried two things, but none work as expected.

1. IFeatureManager.ExpandFeature:
- It only affects the feature manager top pane, no matter what I put in as the last argument.

2. Traversing feature tree control items (starting with IFeatureManager.GetFeatureTreeRootItem2, going on with ITreeControlItem.GetFirstChild and .GetNext) and setting their Expanded value to true:
- Expanding ancestors works, but they expand more than I want them to: Each component where I set Expanded to true also expands its History folder, its Annotation folder and all its child components.
- It is not guaranteed that the target component comes into sight. It can still be below the visible area due to a small Swx window or low screen resolution.

How do I make Swx focus the selected component?

Attached are an assembly A.SLDASM and a macro where you can see what I just described. Just open A.SLDASM an run the macro (open it with "Edit" so that you can see the debugging window where the macro prints out information).
Attachments
SelectComponentAndExpandFeatureTree.swp
the macro where a component is selected and then tried to get into focus.
(46.5 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
swx files.zip
swx assembly and part files. root = A.SLDASM.
(418.05 KiB) Downloaded 48 times