Structure System problem

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
Lucas
Answers: 2

Structure System problem

Unread post by Lucas »

I am having a strange problem with Structural System, if I make it with small diameter the corner is not executing the Miter Trim in Corner Management.

So I decided to check with a simple sketch:

5mm is fine:
image.png
... from 2mm got two corners:
image.png
image.png
1mm all four corners:
image.png
Found the sweet spot for breaking with 2mm: between 78.5~101.5 degrees. LOL
image.png
Bonus: Weldments Structural Member with 0.0001mm does not care =)
image.png
Is this broken?
Attachments
structure system frame.SLDPRT
(121.96 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Re: Structure System problem

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

Just make all your SS Weldments with 0.0001mm...
I have asked several times whether SS is ready for production use. I have never received an adequate answer. I'm not attempting to learn it until I get a sufficient answer...I was gullible and played with it when it first came out and, yep, there were limitations that prevented me for using it (forgot what all they were at the time)...I guess if I see them make a CSWP for it, it may be ready. But, that hasn't happened yet.
Lucas
Answers: 2

Unread post by Lucas »

That's disappointing. lol
SS looks more convenient than Structure Member for lattice design. For additive manufacturing around 0.2mm is more than enough, and it is possible to do it even broken like this depending on the structure.
I just think it is a strange restriction, specially because weldments have none.
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

Lucas wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:38 am That's disappointing. lol
SS looks more convenient than Structure Member for lattice design. For additive manufacturing around 0.2mm is more than enough, and it is possible to do it even broken like this depending on the structure.
I just think it is a strange restriction, specially because weldments have none.
Ah...I see the problem now...Just like with the Swamp Platform, SW development makes no logical sense...So, don't try to apply logic to what works with SW and you'll understand things much better...