Possible to change middle mouse button command?

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
Hoobs
Answers: 0

Possible to change middle mouse button command?

Unread post by Hoobs »

Is it possible to change the commands for MIDDLE MOUSE BUTTON(scroll button) and LEFT CLICK?

I would like my left click to rotate the view of the part and I would like my middle mouse button to pan the view of the part. I used a different CAD software that had this setup and preferred it much more than Solidworks' setup.

I see that I am able to change mouse gestures in customization, but it seems that I am only able to change the RIGHT CLICK commands.
KevinC
Answers: 1

Re: Possible to change middle mouse button command?

Unread post by KevinC »

I don't believe it is with the "standard" mouse.
Specialized devices usually have customizable software included.

Barring getting a more sophisticated device, you could also try writing a few Autohotkey scripts. (https://www.autohotkey.com/)
Fairly simple to write low end key remapping scripts.
Ben
Answers: 0

Unread post by Ben »

if its a logitech mouse you can download their software "options" and you can remap anything. but to be honest, just buy a space mouse, not the cheap one but the one with a bunch of buttons. if you plan on doing this for a career you will love it. i only use my mouse for navigation for very little stuff. its changed how i work and how fast i can work.

amazon has them, try it, or return it.
Lucas
Answers: 2

Unread post by Lucas »

Hoobs wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:47 pm Is it possible to change the commands for MIDDLE MOUSE BUTTON(scroll button) and LEFT CLICK?
Yep, try X-mouse UU
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1258