Macro buttons missing after upgrade

SPerman
Answers: 13

Macro buttons missing after upgrade

Unread post by SPerman »

I just upgraded to 2022. After the upgrade I opened solidworks and restored my saved settings. Everything looked fine, except the custom macro buttons I added to the toolbar were missing. After some google searching, I found the solution is to run the "restore settings" wizard with solidworks closed. When I did that, the next time solidworks opened the buttons were there. I just wanted to document this in case someone has a similar problem in the future.
image.png
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
zwei
Answers: 18

Re: Macro buttons missing after upgrade

Unread post by zwei »

SPerman wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:14 pm I just upgraded to 2022. After the upgrade I opened solidworks and restored my saved settings. Everything looked fine, except the custom macro buttons I added to the toolbar were missing. After some google searching, I found the solution is to run the "restore settings" wizard with solidworks closed. When I did that, the next time solidworks opened the buttons were there. I just wanted to document this in case someone has a similar problem in the future.

image.png
I had the exact same issue recently while transferring my macro with solidworks open
For me, a quick restart of solidworks make the macro button icon come back

My guess is that solidworks link the macro button icon during startup, transferring the macro while solidworks is open kind of mess it up... just my 2cent
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.