VAR's

Bradfordzzz
Answers: 0

VAR's

Unread post by Bradfordzzz »

Are we locked in to a contract wish any specific VAR? or can we switch at any time?
bentlybobcat

Re: VAR's

Unread post by bentlybobcat »

Typically switching VAR's is challenging.

As often as not, there are not any others available for your geographic area.

In any event, SWx Corp frowns upon this, although it is possible.

When I moved from LA to VA, I was transferred to TriMech from my previous VAR, MLCCad.

Unfortunately, TriMech and I really didn't mesh. I've been a Swx user since '95, when you could call and talk to Jon Hirschtick if you needed to. I reached out to some contacts and was switched back to MLCCad.

This was 15 years ago however. Have no idea what the landscape for this kind of stuff is nowadays. I know there has been a lot of VAR consolidation with far fewer VAR's than in the past.

Good luck.
Bent
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

I switched a year ago and it was painless. I was off subscription at the time, and both my old VAR and SW knew that I was unhappy with their service.

I would identify the VAR I want to switch to, and then have conversations with both VARs about what you want to do. You have to initiate the process with the old VAR. If they give you any resistance I wouldn't hesitate to get DSS involved.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
Bradfordzzz

Unread post by Bradfordzzz »

We are currently with a "VAR" that is more of just an "R" we are totally missing the "VA" portion from them.
We are definitely not a priority for them. I think we might have to wait until our subscription renewal date is near.