SpeedPak not available for some subassemblies - why?

laukejas
Answers: 0

SpeedPak not available for some subassemblies - why?

Unread post by laukejas »

Hi,

I am trying to create Mated SpeedPak for some of my assemblies, but for whatever reason when I right-click on some of them, the "SpeedPak Options" is available:
image.png
But for others, it is not:
image.png
I can't figure out why. Everything is resolved, there are no external references, no SpeedPaks already created. Can anyone suggest what could be the cause here? I can still create SpeedPak from within that assembly (in the configurations tab), but even if I select to keep the faces/bodies that are used for mating, for some reason when I return to the main assembly, I still get mate errors (it tells me some references got lost... Even though they didn't). I can't figure this one out. I looked through the SW documentation, and I can't find any reference to this, nor in the Knowledge Base. Any suggestions? If you want to take a look, here is a Pack&Go of the assembly: https://ufile.io/ctc7263n.
JSculley
Answers: 55

Re: SpeedPak not available for some subassemblies - why?

Unread post by JSculley »

You have 3D Interconnect components that are preventing SpeedPak from working. Specifically, two plug receptacle parts in

PCB with soldered components.SLDASM

Missing Refs
Missing Refs
laukejas

JSculley wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:01 pm You have 3D Interconnect components that are preventing SpeedPak from working. Specifically, two plug receptacle parts in
I appreciate your response. Turns out you were right, this was the cause of the issue. But I am still not able to utilize the SpeedPak. It is created now, but immediately throws mate errors in the assembly, telling I have "Dangling mates". Upon inspection, I find that all mate references are there, nothing is actually broken. If I reselect any of these supposedly missing references, all mates appear to be fixed. However, upon force rebuild (CTRL+Q) or on it's own after some time, the errors return. Here is a quick video I made on a simpler assembly to show the issue: https://youtu.be/JsdZbOHYr-M

If I try to create SpeedPak manually, same thing happens. Here is this assembly: https://ufile.io/cou1sod2 What am I still doing wrong?
JSculley
Answers: 55

Unread post by JSculley »

I cannot duplicate the problem from your video.

What specific SW version and service pack are you using?

When I load the model, there is a missing library feature (SD13.SLDLFP). Can you upload that file?

Have you told SOLIDWORKS to not show you some error messages? You can check it under System Options here:
System Options Dialog
System Options Dialog
laukejas

JSculley wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:37 am I cannot duplicate the problem from your video.

What specific SW version and service pack are you using?

When I load the model, there is a missing library feature (SD13.SLDLFP). Can you upload that file?

Have you told SOLIDWORKS to not show you some error messages? You can check it under System Options here:

image.png
Strange. I am using SW 2021 SP5.1. That missing file: https://ufile.io/5fikp4yd. For some reason Pack&Go didn't catch it. I checked the error messages, and turned everything back on - still the same error. I also tried resetting SOLIDWORKS settings to default (first manually in the Options menu, then launching SW in safe mode, and finally by renaming registry entries relating to SW settings). Didn't help either.
laukejas

Okay, I solved it. Apparently it was settings corruption after all, but when I renamed the registry entries, I didn't rename the right ones. I had to reset everything, every single SW-related registry entry, and then it was finally fixed. No idea why it was happening though. Thank you for the help!