PDM 2024 SP2

Discuss SolidWorks PDM
Craig Schultz
Answers: 0

PDM 2024 SP2

Unread post by Craig Schultz »

So we were forced to upgrade due to a customer last week. Things were fine up until Monday/Tuesday of this week, when all of a sudden:

We could do one copy tree. Then on the second one, copy tree would crap out. The serial numbers would get pulled from the vault, so, hey, let's try searching for the new files....they don't exist. But if you try to save as that PN, it says it already exists and you can overwrite it.

Also, if we open up the "successful" copy tree parts, it says read only up top, but the PDM task bar on the side only has check-in as an option. So if we try to save, it says it's read only. Annnnd then, you can check it in (but you'll run into the same issue if you say keep checked out), and finally check it out to work on it.

Yayyyyyyyy. Any one else having fun like this?
JSculley
Answers: 55

Re: PDM 2024 SP2

Unread post by JSculley »

Craig Schultz wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:32 am But if you try to save as that PN, it says it already exists and you can overwrite it.
It sounds like the files have been created but not added to the vault. They won't show up in a search, but you should be able to browse to the folder and see them there. The icon will be slightly transparent and the State column will say <Local file>
image.png
You can right click them and select 'Add to file vault'.
Craig Schultz
Answers: 0

Unread post by Craig Schultz »

They aren't visible at all. Same folder to copy tree into. Refresh the explorer. Lather, rinse, repeat, crash out...... Just another fun day ending in 'y'.

I'm trying out some other theories in doing the copy tree. I'll post again if I find out anything through my trial runs.

Have a good weekend.
AlexB
Answers: 24

Unread post by AlexB »

The files may be stuck in an initial state where they've been added to the vault but not checked in initially. Depending on the way the admin set up file visibility, you may not be able to see the new files without logging in as admin.
JSculley
Answers: 55

Unread post by JSculley »

Craig Schultz wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:34 pm They aren't visible at all. Same folder to copy tree into. Refresh the explorer. Lather, rinse, repeat, crash out...... Just another fun day ending in 'y'.

I'm trying out some other theories in doing the copy tree. I'll post again if I find out anything through my trial runs.

Have a good weekend.
Be sure to check the PDM client log for any errors that might help determine the cause.