Zero-Thickness Geometry

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
Ballfreak10
Answers: 0

Zero-Thickness Geometry

Unread post by Ballfreak10 »

Hi all,

In the attached part file, I'm trying to make an extrusion from "SKETCH Vert Wall"; however I get the error in the attached screenshot when I do so. This is particularly confusing because I made it a point to create the sketch where the edge of this new extrusion doesn't come in contact with the nearby curved edge of another extrusion.

Anyone have any ideas :)? All help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

image.png
Attachments
Bottom.SLDPRT
(74.03 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
by zwei » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:58 am
I did a quick check, it will produce zero thickness geometry because the software is attempting to merge all the bodies (floor and cutarcwall)

Under featurescope, select Select bodies → Uncheck auto-select → Select Floor as the body and you will be able to extrude it normally
image.png
image.png
Cutarcwall will still remain as a separate bodies in this case

FYI, with the current arc wall design the software will not be able to merge it because it will indeed produce ZTG
image.png
Go to full post
zwei
Answers: 18

Re: Zero-Thickness Geometry

Unread post by zwei »

I did a quick check, it will produce zero thickness geometry because the software is attempting to merge all the bodies (floor and cutarcwall)

Under featurescope, select Select bodies → Uncheck auto-select → Select Floor as the body and you will be able to extrude it normally
image.png
image.png
Cutarcwall will still remain as a separate bodies in this case

FYI, with the current arc wall design the software will not be able to merge it because it will indeed produce ZTG
image.png
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.