Year 2010 - 10 years later -Is This a Joke? "balloon style"

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
Ömür Tokman
Answers: 1

Year 2010 - 10 years later -Is This a Joke? "balloon style"

Unread post by Ömür Tokman »

Is there something I missed?
Or has SW still not found a solution even after 10 years?
SW2020SP3
The style I created works in just one click, it is necessary to select the style again and again for each balloon.
Is this a bug?
Is it my fault?
SW still hasn't fixed this error?
I am using my own solutions for this problem. Why an existing but unusable feature has been there for years.

Please see the picture.
2021-06-11_19-41-19.png
https://r1132100503382-eu1-3dswym.3dexp ... a607zAyVtQ
You ˹alone˺ we worship and You ˹alone˺ we ask for help.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Re: Year 2010 - 10 years later -Is This a Joke? "balloon style"

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

I'm not sure I understand why it's a problem. As @gupta9665 said, it's easy enough to set the default in the Document Properties. Is there a reason you don't want to do that and insist on using a Style as default?
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
Ömür Tokman

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:49 pm I'm not sure I understand why it's a problem. As @gupta9665 said, it's easy enough to set the default in the Document Properties. Is there a reason you don't want to do that and insist on using a Style as default?
Hi Glenn,
I need to use multiple sizes, colors etc in a file.
Why use it manually when there is such a feature?
Due to company standards, I need to use the same styles in autocad and solid.
Glenn Schroeder

Ömür Tokman wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:18 pm Hi Glenn,
I need to use multiple sizes, colors etc in a file.
Why use it manually when there is such a feature?
Due to company standards, I need to use the same styles in autocad and solid.
Then maybe I misunderstood. Do you have multiple Styles in each Drawing? And want to select which one new balloons will default to? If yes, you can select a Style as soon as you choose the Balloon tool, and all new balloons applied will use that Style as long as the command is active.

If I still don't understand what you're trying to do please explain more. I'm trying to help, not be argumentative.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Not just balloon, everything with style.
Template will have one style.
To use different one, you can use style.
You can save all the styles in template but I had problem before and I save them out to file.
Everytime you start, style is <None> which is the default. Doesn't matter which one you used before.
Ömür Tokman

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:23 pm Then maybe I misunderstood. Do you have multiple Styles in each Drawing? And want to select which one new balloons will default to? If yes, you can select a Style as soon as you choose the Balloon tool, and all new balloons applied will use that Style as long as the command is active.

If I still don't understand what you're trying to do please explain more. I'm trying to help, not be argumentative.
Sorry, I couldn't explain. I'm not yet skilled enough to argue with a legend I want to visit when I come to Texas.
The problem is to re-style each balloon. (as Frederick said) a balloon and then the default NO selected. i.e. i have to re-select style for each balloon. this is frustrating. You can pick and style individual balloons, but that's pointless. I think the last style I chose should provide continuity, not change unintentionally.
gupta9665
Answers: 20

Unread post by gupta9665 »

When you place the Ballon, select the required style from the dropdown (before putting first balloon) and you will have the required style for them.
Deepak Gupta
SOLIDWORKS Consultant/Blogger
Glenn Schroeder

Ömür Tokman wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:35 pm Sorry, I couldn't explain. I'm not yet skilled enough to argue with a legend I want to visit when I come to Texas.
The problem is to re-style each balloon. (as Frederick said) a balloon and then the default NO selected. i.e. i have to re-select style for each balloon. this is frustrating. You can pick and style individual balloons, but that's pointless. I think the last style I chose should provide continuity, not change unintentionally.
I can think of two options, off the top of my head.

1. Open the balloon tool and select the desired Style before placing the first balloon, as Deepak and I have suggested above.

2. If you have one balloon set up the way you want, click on it to select it, Ctrl+C to copy it, then click on the component where you want the new balloon, and Ctrl+V to paste it.

Lapuo
Answers: 0

Unread post by Lapuo »

I read quickly this thread , so maybe i dont have clear picture (and my english also sucks )
Maybe format painter can help to copy this style?
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Ömür Tokman wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:35 pm Sorry, I couldn't explain. I'm not yet skilled enough to argue with a legend I want to visit when I come to Texas.
Once you select style, you should be able to keep "ballooning" until you stop the command.
That's what I do.
When you start command again, you'll need to select style again. Still you can balloon multiple parts with the same style.
Ömür Tokman

I'm sorry for the late reply. I've been busy for a few days.
I click the balloon.
I'm starting to click on the parts.
when the job is done, only the balloon in the first piece I clicked fits the style. values are standard.
see attached video.

Not: Many thanks to everyone for the advice.
method that I have used for a long time.
I select all the balloons and copy the style.
Attachments
video2.mp4
(599.59 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Glenn Schroeder

Ömür Tokman wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:10 am I'm sorry for the late reply. I've been busy for a few days.
I click the balloon.
I'm starting to click on the parts.
when the job is done, only the balloon in the first piece I clicked fits the style. values are standard.
see attached video.

Not: Many thanks to everyone for the advice.
method that I have used for a long time.
I select all the balloons and copy the style.
I see what you mean. That appears to be some kind of bug. I don't use Styles with Balloons, but I have a number of them in Notes that I use frequently, with different font sizes, and they never fail to use the correct one.