How to make a balloon inflate around a bend from a syringe

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
jimvsmij
Answers: 0

How to make a balloon inflate around a bend from a syringe

Unread post by jimvsmij »

I have an assembly with a syringe and balloon connected to a curved tube. What I want to do is when I push in the syringe plunger the balloon inflates. It will have to be an equations that takes the plunger distance and calculates and changes the balloon diameter. Can anyone tell me how to do this please? I want, in the end, to make an animation of this.
Dwight
Answers: 2

Re: How to make a balloon inflate around a bend from a syringe

Unread post by Dwight »

jimvsmij

I don't know that this can be done with equations (I'll be happy to hear otherwise from someone else). The only way I know to do this is to use an in-context relation. You edit one part in-context, with a sketch that relates the size of one part to the size of the other - see . . .

Dwight
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

When you push syringe, a volume of air is pushed into balloon.
Surface area of balloon will increase proportion to volume increase.

A more "accurate" calculation will involve elasticity of balloon material and pressure.
Don't think you need that for animation.
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Unread post by AlexLachance »

jimvsmij wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:02 pm I have an assembly with a syringe and balloon connected to a curved tube. What I want to do is when I push in the syringe plunger the balloon inflates. It will have to be an equations that takes the plunger distance and calculates and changes the balloon diameter. Can anyone tell me how to do this please? I want, in the end, to make an animation of this.
If I understand you correctly, you want the balloon to inflate with whatever value the syringe pushes to it that would represent the air/liquid that is contained inside the syringe?