Use document font

SPerman
Answers: 13

Use document font

Unread post by SPerman »

I found another interesting feature today. It is probably programmatically correct as far a SW is concerned.

I am mocking up a PCB for approval from the electrical department. I've got text "wrapped" on the PCB, and have chosen to "use document font." I then went and changed the document font to a size I thought would work. Next I went to the assembly so that I could properly position the text in relation to the terminal block. When I did, the text feature used the "document font" of the assembly, not of the part.

Click me. I am a GIF.
DocFont.gif
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
AlexLachance
Answers: 17

Re: Use document font

Unread post by AlexLachance »

SPerman wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:10 pm I found another interesting feature today. It is probably programmatically correct as far a SW is concerned.

I am mocking up a PCB for approval from the electrical department. I've got text "wrapped" on the PCB, and have chosen to "use document font." I then went and changed the document font to a size I thought would work. Next I went to the assembly so that I could properly position the text in relation to the terminal block. When I did, the text feature used the "document font" of the assembly, not of the part.

Click me. I am a GIF.
DocFont.gif
Sounds like a programming mishap. Rather then using the document font of the part, since you are editing from the assembly level, it picks up the current document font rather then the part's document font.
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Better to use single character and center on the connector.
Spacing change with font, font size, font style (bold).
And specify font. Use default Windows font.
Windows did add and remove fonts. So nothing is 100%.
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

My workflow is to use the document font. It frequently takes many different text features to get things aligned properly. Have to change each font individually is too much time.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams