PDM DataCard: Input formula does not update without interaction

Installation, PDM, standards, training, support, part numbering, rev schemes, etc.
csh
Answers: 0

PDM DataCard: Input formula does not update without interaction

Unread post by csh »

I have a field (A) in my datacards that I want to be filled automatically using Input formula pulling the value from two other variables/fields (B) and (C).

My problems is that the information in (B) and (C) is automatically filled from Folder data. Meaning there is no user interaction needed.

Some research show that input formulas will only update if the user interact with the datacard.

If I change a character in one of the fields (B) or (C) the whole strings updates. so data is there, and the input fomular is working. It is just not updating without the interaction.

I am looking for a workaround for this problem. Either another way to combine the content of (B) and (C) in (A). Or a way to update, with non or very little interactions from user. I button saying "Update" would be acceptable. but is that even possible.

Any thought on this subject is appreciated!
Attachments
Input formular update.mp4
(47.8 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
AlexB
Answers: 27

Re: PDM DataCard: Input formula does not update without interaction

Unread post by AlexB »

I can reproduce this, however I don't really have any thoughts on how to remedy this without the use of Dispatch or another custom solution.

Edit: relevant KB article (not possible out of the box) https://support.3ds.com/knowledge-base/ ... 0000106127