SOLIDWORKS automatic create template....

zwei
Answers: 18

SOLIDWORKS automatic create template....

Unread post by zwei »

Just notice something unusual in SOLIDWORKS and thought i should share it here...

For some reason, if SOLIDWORKS could not find its Part, Assembly and Drawing template in all the folder listed in Document Template system setting, it will end up decide to create the Part, Assembly and Drawing template for you when you first create a document...

Before creating a document...
image.png
After clicking New to create a part/asm/drawing
image.png
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
JSculley
Answers: 55

Re: SOLIDWORKS automatic create template....

Unread post by JSculley »

This is a feature. It's actually recommended that you use these freshly created templates when you upgrade to a new version of SOLIDWORKS. See this thread from the old forum.
zwei
Answers: 18

Unread post by zwei »

JSculley wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:24 am This is a feature. It's actually recommended that you use these freshly created templates when you upgrade to a new version of SOLIDWORKS. See this thread from the old forum.
I understand the need of using matching template version but what i dont understand here is why we must have SOLIDWORKS default template (Part, Assembly, drawing) in the document template path? :?
Far too many items in the world are designed, constructed and foisted upon us with no understanding-or even care-for how we will use them.
Frederick_Law
Answers: 8

Unread post by Frederick_Law »

Funny, mine doesn't do that. From 2016 to 2021.
I can't find any "stock" templates.