Could it be true?

Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Could it be true?

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

See http://help.solidworks.com/2022/English ... e10434#Pg0. I'm not at all sure what the explanation means (and I like to think my reading comprehension is reasonably good), but did they fix one of my biggest frustrations with SW?
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
mattpeneguy
Answers: 4

Re: Could it be true?

Unread post by mattpeneguy »

@Glenn Schroeder,
With SW track record I wouldn't hold my breath on that working as advertised, yet. It's gotta go through Beta testing...unfortunately DS has mixed up the terminology and they refer to the Beta stage with the designation SP. So, somewhere around SP3 it may work as advertised.
matt
Answers: 18

Unread post by matt »

Glenn Schroeder wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:52 am See http://help.solidworks.com/2022/English ... e10434#Pg0. I'm not at all sure what the explanation means (and I like to think my reading comprehension is reasonably good), but did they fix one of my biggest frustrations with SW?
Congratulations, maybe you should hand out cigars!
Uncle_Hairball
Answers: 2

Unread post by Uncle_Hairball »

Almost makes me want to stay on addiction (subscription), but nah. A positive improvement (it's about time), but not worth the price.
Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 22

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

I just ran across this post. I have mostly good news. I still have an occasional reversion to the previous behavior, but it's definitely not as often.
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
SPerman
Answers: 13

Unread post by SPerman »

How frackin' hard is this? The The hole that is closest to the fastener selected is the seed. Maybe there are instances where that doesn't work, but 99.99% of the time the bolt is concentric to the hole it goes in.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
bentlybobcat
Answers: 0

Unread post by bentlybobcat »

When they fix the collinear line issue then I'll rejoice. I've been asking about this since literally day one.

Having to space stuff by 0.001" in a solid to avoid the error is a pain....

It's really painful when importing models from other tools that don't have an issue with it.

I'll go back to my room now.
Bent